Arboreta become accredited by evaluating and submitting documentation on the level of achievement of specified standards.
There is no fee required!
Accreditation process and criteria
- Evaluate which level suits your arboretum or organization.
- Complete the application.
- The ArbNet staff reviews your application and makes a decision within four weeks.
- The decision is based on self-assessment and documentation of your arboretum’s level of achievement against accreditation standards.
- ArbNet staff may schedule future site visits.
Please submit your completed application and all necessary attachments via email to ArbNet@mortonarb.org. Attach at least two photos of your arboretum (high resolution JPEG format in landscape orientation), as well as your institution's logo (JPEG format), with your application for use on the ArbNet website.
If hard copy attachments are necessary (we prefer electronic version) you may mail them to:
The Morton Arboretum
4100 Illinois Route 53
Lisle, IL 60532 USA