The primary purpose of Arbnet website is to provide information about Arbnet, its areas of expertise, its accreditation program and connect professionals, not to gather personal information. We do, however, gather some information through the site, as described below. The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages, communicate with users, and to notify you about updates to our website.
For each visitor to our website, our web server automatically recognizes the consumer's IP address. We collect the domain name of visitors for data reports only. Names provided by visitors via the newsletter subscription feature on the website will receive periodic communications, and they have the option to opt out of the service at any time via the “unsubscribe” link provided in the emails.
Certain features of this site require you to complete the registration form. Some personal information (such as name and email address) is required. This information is used to contact you about services on our site about which you have expressed interest.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Use of Information
If you supply us with your postal address and/or email address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new programs or upcoming events. Supplying us with your postal address and/or email address constitutes your consent to receiving those mailings from us. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not partner with nor have special relationships with any ad server companies.
Changes to the Use of Information
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
Customers may prevent their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by emailing email@example.com or by calling 630-310-7013.
Protection of Children
The website is not designed or intended to attract children or teens under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person we know is under the age of 18.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may reach us through the contact information below.
European Union Visitors
Consent to Data Transfer
If you submit data to us or create an account on our website your data will be transferred outside of the European Economic Area to a country which does not adequately protect your data. The possible risks of transferring your data outside of the EEA include financial loss, identity theft, and being unable to exercise the rights you would usually have under data protection laws against the organizations/individuals who receive and have access to your data in those jurisdictions. To submit data to us or create an account on our website, you are required to consent to this transfer of your data. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Rights
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to data you have made available to us and to ask us to rectify, erase, and restrict use of your data. You may also have rights to object to your data, to ask for the transfer of your data, and to withdraw consent to the use of your data. We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
If you are located in the European Union, you have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries:
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your data that we hold and a copy of that data;
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed;
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): The right to have certain data about you erased;
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your data be used only for restricted purposes;
- Right to opt out of marketing: The right to opt out of our marketing materials by clicking “unsubscribe” links found in the communications you receive from us or by changing your account information;
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your data in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for your data to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format;
- Right to notice of automated decision-making: The right to be informed of the existence of any automated decision-making, including profiling, that involves your data and, in some cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, and the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject; and
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your data. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
In order to exercise your rights please contact us at email@example.com. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why. In addition to contacting us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
c/o The Morton Arboretum
4100 Illinois Route 53
Lisle, IL 60532-1293